About – A facet of the Pride Youth Development Foundation, the Pride of Cincinnati Dance Ensemble is a non-competitive, not-for-profit performing ensemble. The POCDE strives to provide its members with the opportunity for growth in dance training, choreography, education and performance.
Mission – The Pride of Cincinnati Dance Ensemble aims to teach, entertain, and communicate.
Modeled after a professional dance company, POCDE members experience what it is like to create in a real-world dance studio setting and perform in a professional theater venue.
The POCDE provides its members with the opportunity to:
- Learn more about dance as a performing and artistic medium
- Train for a heightened level of technical understanding and strength
- Gain valuable knowledge about the choreographic, design and education process
- Experiment with the development of personal choreography in a safe and educational environment
- Perform in a variety of venues ranging from educational clinics to professional-level theater spaces
Choreography Mentorship Program – provides POCDE members the opportunity to explore their own unique choreographic voice as well as the educational resources to grow their creative skills. Individuals interested in the Choreography Mentorship Program must complete an application process. Note that not all applicants may be accepted. For more information about the Choreography Mentorship Program check out the AUDITION information page and email the POCDE at: [email protected]
Education Mentorship Program – provides POCDE members interested in growing and refining their skills as educators with valuable resources, real life application and tailored feedback. Individuals interested in the Education Mentorship Program must complete an application process. Note that not all applicants may be accepted. For more information about the Education Mentorship Program check out the AUDITION information page and email the POCDE at: